Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod offers specialized programs and services to help people regain function after illness, injury and surgery.
Since opening in 1995, we have led the Cape region in introducing advanced technologies that facilitate recovery from stroke and other neurological disorders. Our hospital is home to physicians and staff who are uniquely qualified to help people with disabling illness live as fully and independently as possible.
Spaulding Cape Cod is certified by Medicare as an acute rehabilitation hospital – the only one on Cape Cod. For a detailed description of our Scope of Services, click here.
Key features include:
- One of our full-time physicians directs each patient’s care. Generally physicians see their patients every 1 – 2 days.
- A physician is on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Our patients receive comprehensive, intensive therapies an average of three hours a day, at least five days per week.
- We have the resources to admit patients soon after a disabling injury, illness or surgery.
- We have the medical and nursing expertise to care for patients who have complex medical conditions in addition to rehabilitation needs.
- We begin rehabilitation early to avoid complications associated with prolonged bed rest, such as pneumonia and pressure sores.
Our extensive range of Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs includes:
Adults and children can also experience the Spaulding difference at Spaulding Cape Cod’s outpatient centers in Sandwich, Yarmouth, Orleans, Plymouth and at our pediatric center in Sandwich.
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod is accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) and is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.