As experts in rehabilitative care, our physicians, experienced nurses and therapists offer a broad spectrum of comprehensive services, including:
- Physician-led, interdisciplinary medical management
- Access to a wide range of medical specialists, diagnostic tests and treatment technologies
- Specialized nursing care by nurses with advanced training and experience
- Customized physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapy
- Social services and case management to coordinate complex discharge planning needs
- Extensive training for patients and their families, including overnight stays as needed
- Psychological and pastoral support for coping and adjustment
- Recreational therapies as indicated
- Individualized nutritional counseling and education
- Specialized recuperative areas, including advanced simulation environments and the region’s only Inspiration Garden.
Our program also assists you if you have difficulties with poor endurance, weakness, pain, altered nutritional needs and complex self-care problems. Additional admission criteria may include but are not limited to:
- Multiple medical diagnoses that have had a prolonged or challenging hospital course
- Surgeries with post-operative complications
- Need for daily medical management
- Combination of medical management and rehabilitation services
Our goal is to work closely with you and your family to create a treatment plan that will help achieve the highest level of function as quickly as possible. Not every patient will need treatment in our complex medical rehabilitation programs. But for those who do, we promise to provide you and your family all the knowledge, care and expertise that you need to get your lives back on track.
Our team consists of physicians, rehabilitation nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, respiratory therapists, psychologists, social workers, case managers, dieticians and recreational therapists collaborating on each patient’s case to ensure maximum recovery.
Our LTAC (will have link to explain term) facilities provide 24/7 in-house physician coverage, and have robust access to a comprehensive array to medical consultative specialists from major academic medical centers. Our LTAC hospital Complex Medical Programs are managed by physicians board-certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). Rehabilitation patients in our LTAC (will have link to explain term) facilities are also co-managed by Physiatrists (will have link to Physiatry page).
All Spaulding Network facilities are accredited by the Joint Commission. Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston and Spaulding Hospital North Shore are accredited by CARF for Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation programs.
Charles Pu, MD, CMD, Chief Medical Officer at Spaulding Hospital North Shore
Jonathon Schwartz, MD, Medical Director of Spaulding Hospital Cambridge
Terrence O’Malley, MD Medical Director of Non-Acute Services for Partners Continuing Care
Spaulding Rehabilitation Network is participating on a national level with government and professional associations on health policy and reform studies.
The Spaulding Network is participating in a pilot project with CMS to develop a post-acute care assessment tool.
AHA LTAC Workgroup
The Spaulding Network is participating in a pilot project with the American Hospital Association (AHA) to develop admission criteria for LTAC hospitals.