If you have or suspect hearing loss, the experienced audiologists at Spaulding can evaluate your hearing using state-of-the-art tools and educate you about treatment options for maximizing your function and independence. We take a comprehensive approach to auditory rehabilitation. Our skilled clinicians analyze your hearing loss, medical issues, communication needs and daily activities to identify the hearing aid or other assistive listening device best suited to your lifestyle. Then, they monitor and facilitate your transition back to the hearing world with follow-up and education.
With Spaulding Audiology Services you have access to:
- Diagnostic evaluations for adults and children (six months and older) to assess hearing sensitivity as well as speech understanding
- Otoacoustic emission measures (to test cochlear function)
- Tests of middle ear function
- Central auditory processing (CAP) evaluations for adults and children (seven years and older)
- Free hearing screenings the 2nd Wednesday of each month (Sandwich location)
- Program coordination with Lions Club Hearing Foundation to make affordable hearing aids available
- Hearing aid evaluation, fittings, repairs and supplies
- Real Ear Aided Analysis
- Speech mapping (to accurately set the hearing aids)
Approach to Care
At Spaulding, our comprehensive approach to auditory rehabilitation results in the best possible outcome for patients with hearing loss. Our audiologists accurately diagnose and treat hearing problems, collaborate with other team members and provide ongoing education and monitoring. Patients and their families provide input into treatment goals and planning.
Leadership and Expertise
Spaulding audiologists are Massachusetts-licensed clinicians also certified by the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (ASHA). Spaulding Sandwich is an approved Level III Diagnostic Audiology Health Center for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Sandra Stumpf Reams, AuD, CCC-A, FAAA, is a board-certified Audiologist and member of the American Academy of Audiology, the American Speech Language Hearing Association, and the Educational Audiology Association. Sandra has received many awards for her continuing education in the field of Audiology.