The Parkinson's Disease Wellness Program offers a combination of Parkinson's-specific exercises and education to promote a better quality of life. Group sessions will be guided by licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists with extensive training in neurorehabilitation.
Participants will learn skills to improve strength, balance, mobility, posture and verbal communication through group exercise and education. Spaulding Outpatient Center Framingham also provides one-on-one intervention for those individuals who may not qualify for the group program.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO:
• Follow directions and maintain attention for 90 minutes
• Walk 100 feet without a device or assist of another person
• Arrive at the location of the class independently
90 MINUTE SESSIONS INCLUDE:
• Stretching and strengthening
• Functional mobility activities
• Facial/speech exercises
• Balance and walking
• Group discussion about wellness strategies
• Instruction on how to continue the program at home.
6 Week Session
Wednesdays & Fridays, April 3rd to May 10th
12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Please call Maria Cole at 508.532.4268 or email MCole1@partners.org
The Parkinson's Disease Wellness Program at Spaulding Outpatient Center Framingham is offered in collaboration with the Center for Neurorehabilitation at Boston University’s Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.